IXL Math Marathon begins 9/22 and runs 8 weeks until 11/14. Students are rewarded individually for working on IXL math problems at home. More details to come after the break.
Due to the fall break, the deadline for the Fall Festival posters is being extended to Monday after break (September 22).
A reminder of the details:
Posters can be any size
Needs to include this info: East Side Elementary Fall Festival, October 10, 2014 5:30PM- 9:30PM, wrist bands $12 pre-order or $15 day of
Bring to the cafeteria on Monday, September 22nd for a chance to win the raffle for a free wrist band. Each poster counts as 1 chance to win one of the two raffled wristbands!
Be on the lookout! Wristband Pre-order forms will be sent home on Monday, September 22nd
If you would like a vendor table at the festival please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More details coming soon!
Click here for a copy of the Tiger Day PreSale Form.
Come to the school to meet your child’s teacher, pick up your calendar, PTA membership items and School Tool Box Supplies, and register for ASP, ASEP and other activities.
Kindergarten: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
First, Second and Third Grades: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Fourth and Fifth Grades: 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm.
If your group would like to reserve a table at Tiger Day, please email TigerDay@EastSideElementary.com by July 23rd.
Presented by the Walton High School Leader Academy
This Saturday night the Walton High School Leader Academy is sponsoring a Parent’s night out for the community. Parents can drop their children off anytime between 6:00 and 10:00 pm this Saturday, February 1st for a well-deserved night out. There will be fun, games, and food for the kids to enjoy.
Location: Sports -a –Rama off Johnson’s Ferry at Old Towne
736 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068
Time and Date: Saturday, February 1st from 6 to 10.
There will be no charge for the babysitting, however we are trying to raise money for the VH1 Save the Music foundation and all donations are greatly appreciated!
Please RSVP at email@example.com by Friday the 31st if your child will be in attendance.
Below is a e-mail written to the attendees of the School Budget Crisis Meeting by the ECCC PTA hosts, we are posting it here because it contains good information and actions that all of us can take.
- Be educated and spread the word.Tell your friends. Share the CCSD budget video via email, FB and other social media. Take this issue viral. CCSD School Budget Video — Projecting $79 M Deficit
- Participate in Town Hall Meetings on the School Budget Deficit. Next week, Face It Cobb is launching a powerful grassroots campaign. There will be a meeting at Walton in January — just before the legislative session begins. Show strength in numbers and build momentum!
- Face It Cobb and Empower Ed
“Stop Putting Our Schools on Shoestring Budgets Campaign”
Thursday, December 12, 8:00 am – 9:30 am
Infomart, 1582 Terrell Mill Road, SE
Click on this Evite link to RSVP: FACE It Cobb Meeting: Shoestring Campaign Kick Off (And see: https://www.facebook.com/
FaceItCobbfor more info, and “Like” Face It Cobb)
- Walton High School School Budget Forum
January 9, 2014, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Face It Cobb and Empower Ed
- To date there have been meetings at Sope Creek Elementary School, Walton High School, Mt. Bethel Elementary School, East Side Elementary School, Dodgen Middle School, Mountain View Elementary School, and JJ Daniels Middle School. We will share news of additional meetings.
- Call your elected officials and share your concern.
- This means the Governor’s office, our state legislators and our Cobb County Board of Education.
- Tell them that you are a constituent and that the school budget deficit in Cobb County, and the reduced funding for schools statewide, is a serious threat to the quality of education for our students and to the strength of our economy.
- Ask them to commit to finding a solution.
- Ask to support increased funding for education and No More Austerity Cuts.
- Don’t know who represents you? See this attached list for contact information on elected officials. ECCC PTA Elected Officials Listed by School
Please consider the ECCC PTA as a resource and voice for children on this issue. We will not give up. Neither should you. See www.ecccpta.org for more information.
Ms. Sahadevan’s Re-Book Book Drive! Have your children outgrown some of their books? Re-Book them! During book fair week (Nov 18 – 22), clear out some space and donate books to the Re-Book boxes in the media center. Books will be given to area homeless shelters for the holidays. Now other children can enjoy those same books! All books are accepted – from board books to novels! Boxes will be located to the left as you enter the media center.